Are you a climber looking to perform at your optimal level and keep climbing for decades? Learn warm-up exercises and cross-training exercises designed to increase core strength and overall mobility. Actively participate in Pilates exercises and physical therapy exercises as part of your at home climbing injury prevention and rehabilitation routine.
Actively participate in this self treatment video as we coach you through an effective warm-up and comprehensive mobility and strength building exercises designed specifically for climbers. Participate in a kit of exercises for climbers intended to prevent common climbing injuries like rotator cuff strains, biceps tendinitis, golfers elbow tendinitis, tennis elbow, lower back pain and neck pain.
Esther Smith (Doctor of Physical Therapy and climber) and Eva Kauffman (Master Pilates Instructor) will teach you effective physical therapy and Pilates exercises designed to preserve your body and help you recover from the sport you love. Learn how to strengthen your core, increase lower and upper body mobility, improve climbing performance, and prevent sport injury so you can keep sending for decades.
Recommended for: Every climber looking to participate in cross training and sports injury prevention
Section 1: Warm-Up for Climbers
- Mobility warm-up exercises
- Shoulder mobility exercises
- Hip openers
- Shoulder range of motion exercises
- Side body openers
- Forearm circulation
Section 2: Mobility for Climbers
- Self massage for shoulder girdle
- Lat stretches, tricep stretches, quad stretches
- Ribcage and shoulder mobility exercises
- Chest openers (pec stretches, anterior shoulder stretches)
- Hip mobility exercises
Section 3: Strength for Climbers
- Antagonist exercises for climbers
- Core connection and core strengthening
- Posterior chain strengthening
- Hip strengthening for climbing
- Shoulder girdle alignment and shoulder girdle strengthening