Are you a biker looking for a sports injury prevention program and cross training exercises? Our self treatment video designed for bikers will help you learn better posture and alignment while on a bicycle, and teach you exercises to improve flexibility, increase overall mobility, and strengthen your core.
The repetitive positioning on a bicycle can be tough on the body, and often leads to neck pain, knee pain, hip pain, or low back stiffness. Join Esther Smith (Doctor of Physical Therapist) and Eva Kauffman (Master Pilates Instructor) as they educate you on how your body is best designed to sit and function on a bike so you can improve your posture and restore balance. They will coach you through mobility and strength building exercises that help you move in new ways to build your core strength, and support spine and hip mobility.
Use this video to combat pain and common issues from biking like hip flexor strains, lower back pain, neck pain and wrist pain so you can improve sport performance and promote longevity in your sport. Learn physical therapy exercises for body mechanics and posture awareness, and Pilates exercises for core strengthening, hip mobility and knee mobility.
Recommended for: Every biker looking to participate in cross training and sports injury prevention
Section 1: Education - Biker Posture
- Optimal bicycle posture for structural support
- Physical therapy exercises for posture and body mechanics
- Exercises and education to control and prevent pain while on the bike
Section 2: Mobility for Bikers
- Self massage for hips
- Shoulder openers: pec stretches
- Ribcage and thoracic spine mobility exercises
- Hip mobility exercises
- Hamstring flexibility exercises and calf stretches
Section 3: Strength Building for Bikers
- Pelvic control exercises
- Core connection and core strengthening
- Exercises to strengthen posterior chain
- Hip strengthening exercises
- Shoulder stability exercises
- Upper back strengthening